17 Brook Street, Torrens Park SA 5062
Casterbrook House - Timeless in Torrens Park - SOLD
House Sold - Torrens Park SA
A rare gem, this stunning double fronted, double story Victorian homestead sits imposingly on a large corner allotment, situated in the adored suburb of Torrens Park where picturesque gardens and leafy tree-lined streets surround you.
A much-loved home and perfect for the whole family to enjoy, presenting an opportunity of a lifetime and one not to be missed!
You will be captivated and drawn in by its imposing character facade, framed by its beautifully manicured front garden. Once inside, immerse yourself in this tranquil space and fall in love with everything this home has to offer.
Welcomed by a central hallway; first impressions are met with beautiful Baltic pine floorboards, a timeless updated crisp white contemporary kitchen and premium modern extension with vaulted ceilings, abundant light and views to the leafy private grounds and sparkling pool.
The spacious family room features a functional wood burner, ceiling fan and bi-folding doors giving you access to the stunning alfresco outdoor area complemented by a huge in-ground pool.
A formal lounge/retreat with French doors opens through to a large guest bedroom. Across the hallway is a light-filled office with plush carpet.
Be prepared to fall in love with four (or five) generous bedrooms. The master bedroom is complete with double built-in wardrobes and a contemporary ensuite.
The spacious kitchen features Caesarstone bench tops, European appliance including a freestanding British Range Oven with gas cooktop, endless bench space and extensive wall-to-wall cabinetry and storage. Overlooking the family room through to the backyard, this entertainer’s delight provides you with ample room to move, prepare and entertain guests in style.
Functional in design, the main bathroom is a great size and features a double vanity with excellent storage and floor to ceiling tiles, while a separate third toilet sits adjacent. The laundry room has a ceramic trough sink and outdoor access.
Enjoy entertaining all year round under the sandstone paved alfresco area overseeing the immaculate garden with mature tree, magnificent hedge and a huge swimming pool.
Enjoy this fantastic location offering the best of all worlds: beautiful strolls through the leafy streets leading to cosmopolitan cafes, minutes to Mitcham Shopping Centre and public transport is abundant and within easy reach.
Elite schooling options don’t get much better than this: Scotch College, Mercedes College, Mitcham Primary, Mitcham Girls High and zoned to Unley High School; all located within a quick 5 minute drive. This beautiful and unique home is a dream come true for a family seeking to reap the benefits of living in a superb city fringe location.
Adored for many years by a proud family and ready for a new chapter, don’t miss this exciting opportunity!
More reasons we love this home:
– Grand modernised late Victorian residence
– 5 separate outdoor entertaining areas and private spaces surrounded by magnificent, 100 year old hedges
– Reverse cycle air-conditioning throughout provides year round climate
– Secure off-street parking via side-street access from Eli Street
– Flexible floorplan with the possibility of four or five spacious bedrooms, three with contemporary plush carpet
– Double glazed windows in family room extension
– Large well-appointed kitchen with ample storage
– Separate third toilet and laundry with outdoor access
– Sandstone paved alfresco area with amazing pool shaded by magnificent mature tree
– Garage space for two cars with automated roller door and off-street car space with side access via adj Eli Street
– Versatile family entertainment with home cinema configuration
– Walking distance to elite primary and secondary schools
– Moments from Mitcham Shopping Centre and local shops
– Beautiful family-friendly neighbourhood with tree-lined streets
– Automated irrigation to front yard
-Taking in the sunset over the beach on the balcony
– Welcoming in the New Year on the balcony is a family favourite from the elevated vantage to watch fireworks from the city and all along the coast from Semaphore to Brighton
-Perfect mix of city and hills living with lots of walking options
Call John or Matt today to secure your dream home!